Descendants of John King
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 KING1.
Notes for JOHN KING: born about 1720
All information on this family is from Jane Brett tree on Ancestry.com
Children of JOHN KING are:
i. THOMAS2 KING1, b. Abt. 17441.
2. ii. EDWARD KING, b. Abt. 1748.
iii. AMOUR KING1, b. Abt. 17501.
iv. WILLIAM KING1, b. Abt. 17551.
v. JOHN KING1, b. Abt. 17581.
Generation No. 2
2. EDWARD2 KING (JOHN1)1 was born Abt. 17481. He married SARAH Abt. 17721.
Children of EDWARD KING and SARAH are:
1790 NC Census
i. SAMUEL3 KING, b. 1774.
ii. ELIZABETH KING, b. 1776.
iii. CATHERINE KING, b. 1778.
3. iv. JOHN KING, b. 1780.
v. JAMES KING, b. 1782; m. LAVINA GARRISON, 15 Nov 1810.
Notes for JAMES KING
Marriage source: "American Beginnings" by David B. Trimble
4. vi. SUSANNAH KING, b. 1784.
vii. EDWARD KING, b. 1786; m. ELIZABETH HART, 01 May 1813.
Notes for EDWARD KING:
1. American Beginnings by David B. Trimble
2 " text: Bondsmen: Anderson King and John Willis: Witness: J. Taylor
viii. ANDERSON KING, b. 1788, Orange County, North Carolina; m. CATHERINE BARNWELL.
Notes for ANDERSON KING:
Source: American Beginings by David B. Trimble
ix. DAVID KING, b. 1790.
x. JOSEPH KING, b. 1792.
xi. SARAH KING, b. 1794.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN3 KING (EDWARD2, JOHN1) was born 1780. He married REBECCA RAINEY on 13 Aug 1805.
Children of JOHN KING and REBECCA RAINEY are:
i. BENJAMIN4 KING, b. 26 Jun 1808.
ii. ALFORD KING, b. 08 Oct 1810.
5. iii. MARY KING, b. 1809, Georgia.
North Carolina Marriage Record
6. iv. NANCY KING, b. 15 Apr 1815, Virginia.
v. ABEL R. KING, b. 08 Nov 1817.
7. vi. SARAH ELIZABETH KING, b. 15 Feb 1823, North Carolina; d. 15 Nov 1857, Andrew County, Missouri.
vii. ISAAC KING.
Notes for ISAAC KING:
Source: Will of Benjamin R. King dated Oct 11, 1859 in Andrew County, Missouri
4. SUSANNAH3 KING (EDWARD2, JOHN1) was born 1784. She married JOSHUA WYATT 28 Apr 1804 in Orange County, North Carolina John King Bondsman.
Children of SUSANNAH KING and JOSHUA WYATT are:
i. BENJAMIN4 WYATT.
ii. ELIZABETH WYATT.
iii. JAMES WYATT.
iv. JOHN KING WYATT.
v. SARAH WYATT.
vi. FREDERICK M. WYATT.
vii. HARRIET WYATT.
viii. WILLIAM WYATT, b. 1817, North Carolina.
Generation No. 4
5. MARY4 KING (JOHN3, EDWARD2, JOHN1) was born 1809 in Georgia. She married ANDREW JACKSON MCCRORY 10 Mar 1830 in Orange County, North Carolina John King Bondsman. He was born 1808 in Lancaster County, South Carolina, and died 1853 in Old Texas, Monroe County, Alabama.
Children of MARY KING and ANDREW MCCRORY are:
i. M. J.5 MCCRORY, b. 1842.
ii. M. A. MCCRORY, b. 1844; d. 16 Aug 1947, Dallas County, Alabama.
iii. JAMES MARION MCCRORY, b. 10 May 1846, Alabama; d. 02 Aug 1919, Alabama.
iv. NANCY ELIZABETH MCCRORY, b. 09 Dec 1848, Alabama; d. 15 Dec 1918, Awin, Wilcox County, Alabama.
v. LULA E. MCCRORY, b. 1849.
vi. STARLINGTON MCCRORY, b. 1853, Alabama; d. 15 Mar 1926, Frisco City, Monroe County, Alabama.
6. NANCY4 KING (JOHN3, EDWARD2, JOHN1) was born 15 Apr 1815 in Virginia. She married ANDERSON DAVIDSON. He was born 1812 in Virginia.
Child of NANCY KING and ANDERSON DAVIDSON is:
i. SARAH5 DAVIDSON, b. 1849, Missouri.
7. SARAH ELIZABETH4 KING (JOHN3, EDWARD2, JOHN1) was born 15 Feb 1823 in North Carolina, and died 15 Nov 1857 in Andrew County, Missouri. She married BENJAMIN R. HOLT 19 Mar 1840 in Clay County, Missouri.
Children of SARAH KING and BENJAMIN HOLT are:
i. MARY ANN5 HOLT, b. 1846, Andrew County, Missouri; d. 30 Sep 1880, Andrew County, Missouri; m. CHARLES M. DAILY, Nov 1865, Andrew County, Missouri.
ii. LOUISA JANE HOLT, b. 17 Jan 1841; d. 16 Jul 1934; m. JOHN WINTERBOLHAM WOODCOCK, 08 Aug 1861, Andrew County, Missouri.
iii. ELVIRA HOLT, b. 26 May 1844, Missouri; d. 22 Aug 1938.
iv. BENJAMIN KING HOLT, b. 01 Mar 1851, Andrew County, Missouri; d. 14 Nov 1911, Helena, Mpntana.
v. JOHN MEEK HOLT, b. Sep 1848, Andrew County, Missouri; d. Apr 1913, Butte Montana.
vi. SUSAN REBECCA HOLT, b. 14 Feb 1853; d. 12 Sep 1933, Quitman, Missouri.
vii. BETTIE FLORANCE HOLT, b. 15 Apr 1855.
viii. SOPHRONIA GERTRUDE HOLT, b. 18 Jul 1842; d. 08 Oct 1859, Andrew County, Missouri.
1. Book: American Beginnings by David B. Trimble.
Miscellaneous King families:
1860 St Clair County Alabama US Census
1850 Orange County South Carolina Census